Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Wee Bit Busy!

I've been so busy the past few days... Working on the little furry jacket, cleaning out closets (a fulfillment of one of my new years resolutions), and in between, reading my newly arrived book, "Outlander", (awesome book, gstq2002, I can't put it down! Thank you so much for suggesting it). Last night, after a busy day, I curled up in bed (ah, the beauty of having a portable DVD player :), to watch the first part of "Elizabeth I", with Helen Mirren and Jeremy Irons. Helen Mirren's portrayal is fantastic, she is simply wonderful! Disc 2 tonight and I can't wait.

The little "Manteau Gari" is coming along well, with much thanks to cast-on tips from Donna for the sleeves. A little messy on the sleeve edge, but really not too bad, and seaming will make that irrelevant anyway.

Update photo of the back of the jacket, needing a couple more inches of knitting to finish that part, then on to the left front. I knew it would be difficult to capture a good photo, colorwise and due to the fuzziness of it (I keep resisting the urge to comb it out)! LOL ...but here it is:



Not too much to look at for the moment, but with more progress on it I'm sure it will look a bit more interesting. :) Last week I bought a couple of yards of a cream colored velvet and a pattern to make little overalls to go under it. Perhaps I'll dust off my embroidery skills to embroider something on the overall bib to coordinate with the color of the jacket, just to tie them both in together.

Hope all are having a wonderful day! Sunny here and 23 degrees, a heat wave for us!