Monday, January 15, 2007

No LYS Trip Today : (

Today's weather is bleak, to say the least. It actually started yesterday with a drizzly freezing rain. Both dogs fell on the steps (luckily both unhurt) going out last night, the first we realized that it was an icy world outside our door. Today is more of the same, (arrgh, I think our power is starting to go! Will try to finish this post before it's out completely :( ...

Second try. We did lose power but it came right back...hopefully to stay!

Up-to-the-minute weather photos:

1. Iced house...


& 2. View from the dining room window.


Poor birch tree, all bent over from the weight of the ice...

I was up until nearly 4am this morning, an afternoon nap yesterday keeping me wide awake last night when I should have been sleeping. But the happy result of my sleeplessness was the finishing of the "Thin Blue Line" knitted cap for policeman Joe, probably one of my quickest projects, and a nice break from the ongoing and forever "Blueberry" scarf!



A bientôt!