Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Heart Be Still!

When I saw the box on my doorstep yesterday afternoon I was so excited! I expected that it was The Knitter's Bible that my blogging friend, Donna, had recommended. My slight disappointment when it turned out to be another book, Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette, an historical fiction, showed me just how much knitting has become a happy passion for me. Before, any history-related book would have me dancing in the street when it arrived! lol

But I knew that I didn't have too much longer to wait. I have been tracking my books like an over-eager hawk since they were ordered, the three in this post, as well as The Knitter's Bible. Delivery was imminent for the latter, and the other three weren't expected until somewhere between January 6th and the 11th, so I was THRILLED to find, not one, but TWO boxes on the doorstep this afternoon. Yes, all FOUR books!!! *faints*

Donna, just thumbing through The Knitter's Bible I can see that this is exactly what I needed, to show me the how-to for numerous stitches and the answers to so many questions! I can't thank you enough for pointing me to it, I'd give you a huge hug if I could! :D

The other three look fabulous too...and though I'd just made myself a cup of tea and settled myself in for a few uninterrupted hours of reading about Marie Antoinette, I'm now heading to my yarn stash to grab something colorful and play with some swatching!!

I love days like this! Now all I need is a ton of snow falling outside my window...

..and yes Donna, I treadmilled for a half hour this morning! Yay us! :)