Thursday, January 4, 2007

Blueberry Chenille

Having finished the needle case and a few other things - plus swatching several stitches from "The Knitter's Bible" yesterday, today has been devoted to working on the chenille scarf that I started before Christmas craziness slowed down my work on it.

I've added 4 inches to it so far today and still have several hours more to work on it before dinnertime. :)

Here's what I have:



I just realized how colorful this is compared to all the neutrals and pastels that I seem to always gravitate to ...It makes for a nice change!

No pattern, just a simple stockinette st scarf, with garter stitch borders to give it a firmer edging. The yarn is Blue Heron Chunky Rayon Chenille, colorway Blueberry: glorious shades of purples, deep blues, magenta, and a touch of aqua. I'm working it with US size 4 straight needles. Long way to go, but it must be completed with enough time to arrive in France for a birthday at the end of January, so I think I'll be sticking to this without other project diversions until it's finished!

Now if I can only get rid of the song in my head:
I found my thrill,
               With blueberry chenille...


Ha! I'm such a goof!