Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mission Accomplished!

The Blueberry Chenille Scarf is on its way to France, and I've already started on this:

The pattern is from an Anny Blatt pattern book that I sent to France for, and it's considered "easy" enough for beginners -- let's hope they're right! The yarn that it called for was ultra-expensive, so I found a suitable (and very soft) substitute for it at the LYS when I was there last Saturday, in a very soft sage green. If I had used the Anny Blatt yarn in the pattern, it would have been nearly *gulp* $100.00 to make, which is just a wee bit pricey! LOL

Yesterday I found a package at the front door. Yes, the Knit Picks Options which I ordered with part of the gift card I received for my birthday! I had thought about them for awhile, they've received such great reviews, but as I haven't started knitting with circulars I kept deciding to wait until I was a bit more experienced. But then I read that you can use them as straights with the end caps they supply, and with a gift card to pay for them, I just did it! And I LOVE them! Super light-weight, incredibly smooth -- I think my knitting has picked up a little speed with them! I might even be able to catch up to Donna! LOL

Will post photos as the "Manteau Gari" jacket progresses. Off to work on it a little while longer before I have to start dinner...