Thursday, February 1, 2007

Dusting Off My Pencils...

Tonight is my first night back to art class for the new semester. I'm very excited about it because this course will be drawing with colored pencils, a great change from the grayscale of regular drawing pencils. It's a ten week course, so I'll be going every Thursday night until mid-April. Colored pencil is a somewhat overlooked medium, but for an idea of all the possibilities that artists can render with them, you might visit here! Incredible work! And no, I'll never be that accomplished... But that's fine, I just have so much fun dabbling, and that's what it's all about!

Cold and overcast here today, with a few inches of snow expected tomorrow. I've spent the day doing the heavy cleaning that I usually reserve for Fridays, but there's something so relaxing and cozy about knitting or reading with snow falling outside the window, I wanted to keep tomorrow free for just that! :)

Every time I look at the photo of the furry jacket that I posted here on Tuesday I start to laugh. In the photo it looks like a cross between a bathroom rug and Oscar the Grouch! Haha! In reality it really does look much prettier, and it's soooo soft! Thank you for your sweet comments gstq2002 and Donna. :)

...and no Donna, I haven't treadmilled today...yet!! But now that you've caught me, I'm going to go fill up my water bottle and get on the darn thing! LOL

Hope you're all having a lovely day!