Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Après-Christmas

I hope everyone's Christmas was as wonderful as mine was. All the family together, good food, much laughter, and presents!

My lovely gifts: A $200 gift card to my LYS! Several sizes of bamboo knitting needles, an amazing music box, jeans and sweaters, a gift card to Sephora, a leather purse, cashmere scarf and gloves, a Barnes & Noble gift card (already spent)! On and on, all the Santas in my life have spoiled me, and I'm so grateful. <3

Yesterday I ordered three books, though when I logged on to Amazon it was with the intention of buying only one! (I always mean well)!  The three wunnerful books are:


Weekend Knitting: 50 Unique Projects and Ideas, by Melanie Falick;


One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet, by Leigh Radford, and;


Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, by Joelle Hoverson.


*sits on the doorstep waiting (impatiently) for UPS*

I've spent the past couple of days working on the troublesome chenille scarf, though actually not troublesome at all anymore, once I had figured out the right size needles to use. I have about 1/3 done... Photo soon.

I felt very crappy yesterday, typical day-after-Christmas crappy, and thought for sure that I was coming down with something dreadful; but after an afternoon nap and a cup of tea I felt fine. I don't think we truly realize how much Christmas preparations take out of us! Today, much better. Knitting days are always better!