Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Few Updates

The pretty scarf I had made such great progress on? Frogged :(

I made a mistake and did everything I could to salvage as much as possible but with the nasty combination of my inexperience, and a mix of stitches that left me in a daze trying to pick up on a needle, the poor little scarf is now reduced to it's original ball of yarn. I was devastated, to say the least. I'll start again when the chenille scarf is a fait accompli...

This little baby slipper has now been joined by it's mate, happy couple! :) I've started a new pair, this time in a Jaegar cotton yarn in a soft greenish gray. One is complete so perhaps a photo of them when I have two...

Auntie Catherine's pie crust recipe worked perfectly for 2 delicious pies (apple & blueberry) for Christmas dessert. Yummmmy! My first attempt at pie baking, and her foolproof recipe was...well, foolproof!