Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Frogging Manteau :(

Yesterday I was very close to finishing up the right side of Manteau Gari. I had managed all the cast-on increases for the sleeve (Donna, all these increases were done on the purl side, it became very easy after doing a few of them). The pattern read "...work decs and incs at left hand side and sleeve incs same as back". Doing this, it would bring the length of the right side to about 9¼ inches, and when I completed the sleeve incs and checked the pattern, the next step said "Work even until piece measures inches!! But I was well over that! Perhaps it was an incorrect translation of the pattern from it's original French to English, or perhaps it was my own stupidity for not reading further into the pattern than what I was working on, but the result was having to frog all the way back to 6", taking with it all my carefully made cast-on increases for the sleeve. What a heartbreak!

After frogging it was time to start dinner, so I put it aside and will pick it up as soon as I finish this post. I so hope to be well started on the left side by the end of the afternoon!

Still bitter cold here, but a little better than the cold of the weekend and Monday. At least the wind has died down, it had been howling dreadfully for a couple of days...brrrr!

Happy day to all!

Update: Just taking a quick break from the jacket with a glass of water and an update here: Though I used a lifeline when I frogged, somehow the stitches were twisted when placed back on the needle and all my best attempts at correcting it were to no avail, so I decided to frog the right side entirely and start over from the beginning. *sigh*