Friday, March 16, 2007

A New Arrival!

The baby that I've been doing all this knitting for has at long last arrived! Little Emma Rose was born a week ago today, bringing much joy to her family! She's positively beautiful and we're all so happy! I've written about it in my other journal, which is read by invitation only, so if my readers here would like an invitation sent I'd be happy to send one! Just drop me an email at mardi.xpress@gmail.com and I'll send the invite. I like to keep this journal for just knitting (and a few general things), and the other has a little more about me and my family. Not sure how interesting anyone would find it, but perhaps it's worth a peek!

I began a new project yesterday, a little cardigan for Emma. I'm not sure how it will turn out, now that I've realized that the variegated yarn I'm using won't allow for matching of the different colors at the side seams. I should have looked for a sweater pattern done all in one piece. Ah, live and learn! Here's an up-to-the-minute photo of what I've done so far, the completed back and part of the left front.

I have a peach yarn in the same weight which is a perfect complement to the peach color in the variegated, so I'm thinking to make the sleeves all in peach to help cut down on the mismatching of the colors in the seams.


We have a saying in New England... "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!" Our weather over the past few days couldn't be closer to the truth! The day before yesterday the temperature was 72 degrees. Summer-like, bright sun, the snow cover finally melted. Today we're in the midst of a snowstorm, with up to 10 inches forecast by storm's end tomorrow morning!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!