Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Where's Spring?

It was still dark when I got up this morning at 5 AM so I couldn't see what the rising sun has just shown me...it's snowing! Just a little dusting on the grass at the moment, but I've just heard on the news that we can expect heavy snow tonight with 4-6 inches on the ground by tomorrow morning! And spring had felt so close a few days ago!

I have two projects OTN at the moment. This cute little sweater: Rowan Classic Babies, and this, called "Perline":

I'm about halfway through with the first sweater, and the second about the same. I can't wait to finish the knitting of both of them, just to get to the chick appliqués on the first and the embroidery on the second. Who knows, maybe spring will be around by then!

Monday morning I went off to visit a very local yarn shop that a fellow art student had told me about last Thursday night. I hadn't known about it till then, and I was excited since its only about a ten minute drive from here, much closer than the half hour drive of the next nearest LYS. The name of the shop is "A Knitters Garden" and its located in an old and lovely farmhouse. Many beautiful natural yarns, all the supplies and accessories you could ask for, and best of all the proprietess is just lovely! Added to that was the fun of making the acquaintance of her adorable Scotch Terrier, Angus...I had a wonderful visit, and came home with a hank of beautiful 100% native and natural baby alpaka yarn, a skein of merino in a tweedy peach color, and a Debbie Bliss baby pattern book. If you ever visit Southern New Hampshire, I highly recommend it!