Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Stitch Markers

The storm was as horrible as expected. High winds and flooding made it impossible to go anywhere - the pond across the street had flooded our road and it was a bit tense watching and hoping that it wouldn't reach our driveway. It didn't, and today the water has receded quite a bit. The rain continues today, but not nearly as heavy as yesterday, and the howling winds have died down as well. Of course we had some heavy snow in the mix, it wouldn't be April without it! lol

Stitch markers! I've been having so much fun with these, and I've already built up a very nice little stash of beads and fittings to make more.

These are gold-foil lampwork beads, very pretty and very lightweight. The fittings are gold-plated, and I've surrounded each bead with sparkly Swarovski crystals.



These are jade beads with sterling silver fittings, and try as I might I couldn't capture the true colors of the crystals they're topped with. In reality, they're a deeper green, more of a match to the jade.

I've made about 20 sets so far, and if I finish "Voyager" this morning I might have a little time to make some more. I have some gorgeous rose quartz beads calling my name!

As I write this post I'm listening to the press conference that's being televised about the heartbreak at VA Tech. The weather and stitch markers seem such trivial subjects in light of what's happened to so many innocents, and the devastation to their family and friends. My prayers go out to them.