Saturday, April 14, 2007

Taking A Break...

...from knitting for a few days, I've finally had the time to start Diana Gabaldon's "Voyager". It's been sitting by my bedside for weeks, and I had loved "Outlander" and "Dragonfly in Amber" so much that I couldn't wait to start the third -- but then so many things happened at once and I'm just now picking it up ~ and have been happily immersed in it all day!

We survived another storm this past Thursday, and luckily got only about 4 inches of heavy wet snow before it ended. Its almost completely melted already, and just in time for some frightening amounts of rain starting tomorrow and all the way through to Wednesday. Nor'easters are pretty terrible storms for the most part, with heavy winds and heavier rains, and flooding is a real possibility with this one, with a possible four inches of rain to fall. Scary thought! But what really frightens me most are high winds, as huge pine and oak trees surround our house and tower over it. I'm hoping this storm won't be too bad. :(

I was going to take pictures of the stitch markers that I made last week, but when I took my camera to do so the battery was dead...and though I've thought at least a dozen times during the week to put it on the charger, I'd get busy and promptly forget. So now without further ado I'm going to do that right this minute! There, done!! LOL There'll be photos tomorrow! I've made several more sets since the few I started with last week, and I've made a few trips to a local bead shop that I found. I find it to be as relaxing as knitting, and nearly as much fun.

I still have two WIPs which I'm hoping to finish up during this coming week. Still waiting for yarn to arrive from France for the Perline sweater so I can begin work on the embroidered details, but the knitting is nearly finished other than 10 rows on the last sleeve. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!